Tools & technologies
Areas of expertise search • content/digital asset management • web accessibility
- Platforms .NET • .NET Core
- Application frameworks ASP.NET Core • ASP.NET MVC / Web API / WebForms
- Testing NUnit • xUnit • Moq • SpecFlow, Selenium
- Dependency injection Autofac • StructureMap • Unity
- Object-relational mapping NHibernate • LINQ to SQL • Dapper
- Databases SQL Server • Solr • RavenDB • Oracle
- Messaging RabbitMQ
- Content Management Umbraco
- Version control systems Git • Subversion
- Tools GitHub • GitLab • TeamCity • Octopus Deploy • JIRA
- Cloud providers AWS
Experience & education
- Lead software developer at Coolblue – 2.5 years
- Senior software developer at Funda – 3 years
- Senior web developer at NoSuchCompany – 2.5 years
- Web developer at Elan – 5 years
- B ICT, Media technology
Lead software developer – Coolblue
Coolblue is the fastest growing e-commerce company in The Netherlands and Belgium.
As team lead I supported multiple teams to continuously deliver new applications and improvements in complex domains (finance, contract management, logistics), while working in an environment that was constantly changing to keep up with the growth of the company.
- Architected new calculation engine to improve essential data for daily margin reports
- Migrated a WPF application React to drastically improve performance and usability
- Migrated the team’s suite of .NET applications to Amazon AWS
- Added support for a new payment method for Belgian customers
- Automated conversion tracking for affiliate partners
- Automated sending of (credit) invoice reminders to suppliers and customers
Senior software developer – Funda
Funda is the leading real estate website in The Netherlands with over 20M monthly visits.
- Successfully built and launched the redesign of www.funda.nl
- Introduced a feature to compare the performance of real estate listings
- Built a real estate recommendation engine
- Saved significant storage and compute resources by consolidating search indexes
- Improved relevance of realtor search results using dynamic facets and an improved sorting algorithm
- Enhanced performance of realtor search by porting a custom solution from SQL Server to Solr
To improve maintainability I organised ‘domain discovery’ sessions with my team, initiated work on a set of coding standards, participated in regular cross-team reviews of our coding practices, and contributed to our internal build tooling. After becoming team lead in 2015 I started coaching and mentoring the developers in my team.
Senior web developer – NoSuchCompany
At NoSuchCompany I estimated, developed, deployed and documented online campaigns, websites, and portals for small, medium and enterprise accounts like Shell, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Nationale-Nederlanden, and Adyen.
- Introduced best practices like source control, unit testing and project templates
- Modernised the development stack through the introduction of ASP.NET MVC
- Provided technical guidance to fellow developers
Web developer – Elan
At Elan I maintained a custom-built digital asset management system, provided technical support for database publishing projects, and developed, deployed and maintained corporate websites.
- Prototyped a web-based digital asset management system (graduation project)
- Modernised web development processes by introducing ASP.NET, a content management system, and automated deployment
- Delivered multiple successful websites for a variety of clients
- Built a publication pipeline for an off-line multimedia CD-ROM publication
Software developer internship
At Den Haag media group I worked on several database publishing projects with advanced desktop publishing software, writing macros to process XML and SGML. I also maintained and improved web applications using Classic ASP, VBScript and Microsoft’s SQL Server.
B ICT, Media technology
Graduated in 2007 from the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences with a Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (B ICT) majoring in media technology with a specific and very practically applied focus on database publishing for web and print media.
Download this resume as a PDF