Passionate about technology
These are some tools and technologies that I’ve enjoyed working with over the years:
- Platforms .NET & ASP.NET, Java
- Application frameworks ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Testing NUnit, xUnit, Moq, SpecFlow
- Dependency injection Autofac, StructureMap, Unity
- Object-relational mapping NHibernate, LINQ to SQL, Dapper
- Databases SQL Server, Solr, RavenDB, Oracle
- Messaging RabbitMQ
- Version control systems Git, Subversion
- Tools GitHub, GitLab, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, JIRA
- Cloud providers AWS
Search, web content management, digital asset management, web accessibility
Experience & education
- Lead software developer at Coolblue (1.5 years)
- Senior software developer at Funda (3 years)
- Senior web developer at NoSuchCompany (2.5 years)
- Web developer at Elan (5 years)
- B ICT, Media technology
Lead software developer
Coolblue is the fastest growing e-commerce company in The Netherlands and Belgium.
As team lead I am proud of my teams, because they continuously deliver applications and improvements in highly complex domains (payments, finance operations, and contract management), while working in an environment that is constantly subject to change.
- Moved all our .NET applications to Amazon AWS
- Added a new physical payment method for Belgian customers (Ecocheques)
- Enabled migration of our affiliate network to Performance Horizon by automating conversion tracking
- Automated sending of (credit) invoice reminders to both suppliers and B2B customers
Senior software developer
Funda is the leading real estate website in The Netherlands with over 20M monthly visits.
- After becoming team lead in 2015 I coached an mentored developers in my team
- Successfully launched redesign of the website with a new codebase
- Introduced a new product for realtors to compare the performance of their published real estate properties
- Prototyped a unique recommendation engine for real estate based on clickstream data and collaborative filtering
- Saved significant storage and compute resources by consolidating search indexes
- Improved relevance of realtor search results through the use of dynamic facets and an improved sorting algorithm
- Enhanced performance of realtor search by porting a custom solution from SQL Server to Solr
To improve maintainability I organised ‘domain discovery’ sessions with my team, initiated work on a set of coding standards, participated in regular cross-team reviews of our coding practices, and contributed to our internal build tooling.
Senior web developer
Creative full-service marketing and advertising agency.
At NoSuchCompany I estimated, documented, developed and deployed online campaigns, websites, and portals for small, medium and enterprise accounts like Shell, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Nationale-Nederlanden, and Adyen.
- Professionalized the IT department by introducing best practices like source control, unit testing and project templates
- Modernised the development stack through the introduction of ASP.NET MVC
- Helped fellow developers improve their skill by providing technical guidance
Full-service marketing and communications agency.
At Elan I maintained a digital asset management system developed in-house, provided technical support for database publishing projects, and developed, deployed and maintained corporate websites.
- Prototyped a web-based digital asset management system on top of Portfolio Server using ASP.NET (graduation project)
- Modernised our development process by introducing ASP.NET, a content management system, and automated deployment
- Delivered multiple successful websites, for a variety of clients
- Built a publication pipeline for a multimedia CD-ROM publication using XSLT to transform XML into HTML
Software developer internship
At Den Haag media group I worked on several database publishing projects with advanced desktop publishing software, writing macros to process XML and SGML. I also maintained and improved web applications using Classic ASP, VBScript and SQL Server.
B ICT, Media technology
Graduated in 2007 from the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences with a Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, specifically media technology, with a specific and very practically applied focus on database publishing for web and print media.