Passionate about technology
This is what I’ve enjoyed working with/on over the years:
- Platforms .NET & ASP.NET
- Application frameworks ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Testing NUnit, xUnit, Moq, SpecFlow
- Dependency injection Autofac, StructureMap, Unity
- Object-relational mapping NHibernate, LINQ to SQL, Dapper
- Databases SQL Server, Solr, RavenDB, Oracle
- Messaging RabbitMQ
- Version control systems Git, Subversion
- Tools GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, JIRA
- Cloud providers AWS
Search, web content management, digital asset management, web accessibility
Experience & education
- Lead software developer at Coolblue (1.5 years)
- Senior software developer at Funda (3 years)
- Senior web developer at NoSuchCompany (2.5 years)
- Web developer at Elan (5 years)
- B ICT, Media technology
Lead software developer
Coolblue is the fastest growing e-commerce company in The Netherlands and Belgium.
Senior software developer
Funda is the leading real estate website in The Netherlands with over 20M monthly visits.
- As a team lead since 2015, I helped developers in my team grow through coaching and mentoring, and by providing feedback on their personal goals and performance
- Successfully launched redesign of the website with a new codebase
- Increased competitive advantage by adding comparative real estate property performance to statistics for realtors
- Prototyped a unique recommendation engine for real estate based on clickstream data and collaborative filtering
- Saved significant storage and compute resources by consolidating search indexes
- Improved relevance of realtor search results through the use of dynamic facets and an improved sorting algorithm
- Enhanced performance of realtor search by porting a custom solution from SQL Server to Solr
To improve maintainability I organised ‘domain discovery’ sessions with my team, initiated work on a set of coding standards, participated in regular cross-team reviews of our coding practices, and contributed to our internal build tooling.
Senior web developer
Creative full-service marketing and advertising agency.
At NoSuchCompany I estimated, documented, developed and deployed online campaigns, websites, and portals for small, medium and enterprise accounts like Shell, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Nationale-Nederlanden, and Adyen.
- Professionalized the IT department by introducing best practices like source control, unit testing and project templates
- Modernised the development stack through the introduction of ASP.NET MVC
- Helped fellow developers improve their skill by providing technical guidance
Full-service marketing and communications agency.
At Elan I maintained a digital asset management system developed in-house, provided technical support for database publishing projects, and developed, deployed and maintained corporate websites.
- Prototyped a web-based digital asset management system on top of Portfolio Server using ASP.NET (graduation project)
- Modernised our development process by introducing ASP.NET, a content management system, and continuous deployment
- Delivered multiple successful websites, for a variety of clients
- Built a publication pipeline for a multimedia CD-ROM publication using XSLT to transform XML into HTML
Software developer internship
At Den Haag media group I worked on several database publishing projects with advanced desktop publishing software, writing macros to process XML and SGML. I also maintained and improved web applications using Classic ASP, VBScript and SQL Server.
B ICT, Media technology
Graduated in 2007 from the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences with a Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, specifically media technology, with a specific and very practically applied focus on database publishing for web and print media.